What it means to be a smart blogger?
- They know almost everything about their niche. If there’s something they don’t, they have it in their reading queue.
- They can take complex ideas and talk about it in a simple language everyone can understand.
- They captivate you on their posts.
- You will keep their article as a reference for future – you will bookmark it.
Now, like any other skill or expertise, developing these kinds of blogging abilities also requires dedication, consistency, hard work, and patience.
Are you ready for that?
Then you too can become a smart blogger.
1. Choose a profitable topic/ niche
- Personal finance
- Health and fitness
- Fashion and beauty
- Product reviews
These blog niches are still broad and can be narrowed down even further to cater to specific readers. For example, a parenting blogger might talk about all things parenting or tailor articles toward parents of an only child, single parents, or parents of a large family.
To give you some perspective as to which niches may be more profitable than others, take a look at this list of high-income earning bloggers and their respective niches:
- Abby Lawson — $41,000+/month — Lifestyle (Home)
- Trevor and Jennifer Debth — $46,000+/month — Recipe/Food
- Rosemarie Groner — $86,000+/month — Personal Finance
- Lindsay and Bjork — $90,000+/month — Recipe/Food
- Alborz Fallah — $125,000+/month — Cars/Automotive
- Elisa Larson and Emma Chapman — $125,000+/month — Lifestyle (DIY)
- Jeff Rose — $138,000+/month — Personal Finance
- Heather and Pete Reese — $170,000+/month — Lifestyle (Travel)
- Pat Flynn — $200,000+/month — Entrepreneurship
- Chiara Ferragni — $200,000+/month — Fashion
- Sarah Titus — $200,000+/month — Ecommerce
- Tim Sykes — $1,000,000+ per month — Stock Trading/Investing
1. Sacrifice Your Old Habits and Friends
If you want to grow as a smart blogger, you need to always look for people smarter than you. You will learn more when you change your friend circle.
It will also be easier to lose your old habits when you go away from your old friends.
No. We are not saying to ditch your pals.
What we are trying to say is that if you spend 3 days a week with your friends, make it once a week and use that extra time to invest in yourself.
Create new effective habits. Become proactive and set goals.
2. Smart Blogger Starts Learning About Everything
Read. Read. Read. Become a know-it-all.
Watch random YouTube videos and tutorials.
The benefit of knowing it all is that you can relate one subject to another and will be able to better explain to other people.
When you read a lot, you will have access to vast content and a power to explain things in layman terms.
This learning habit will make you ready for exploring deep into your niche. You will be able to create original posts and ideas.
3. Smart Blogger Learns to Think More
Popular blog posts don’t just happen.
Smart blogger spends a lot of time thinking about it before they actually write the post.
The pre-writing brainstorm is what makes a masterpiece.
So, start to think about your writings.
Have an article that you want to write? Think about it for hours before you open the Word Processor.
If you plan to write for 10 minutes, think about what you will write for one hour. Be committed and be a smart blogger.
It will take your content to the next level.
I began my post by telling you that making money online through your blog is not that easy to be a smart blogger.
But the fact of the matter is… nothing ever really is!
Well, not in the beginning at least.
You have now seen it for yourself how so many bloggers are earning thousands of dollars online every month.
But here’s the catch: I have no doubt that it was just as difficult for them when they first started out. You can also gradually become a smart blogger.
You, on the other hand, have an advantage. You can now pick valuable lessons from their success and use it to build your own.
Let’s be honest, it will be a while before you start making six or seven-figure income with your blog. But if you do the basics right and keep doing it for a longer period of time, it WILL happen sooner than you think.
It’s like what they say about great journeys beginning with a single step…
Take that first step toward your blogging success by starting your own Blog today.
It’s a long way to go, so the sooner you get started, the better.